Monday, June 12, 2006

Bridget: 26/26: Dragon's Eye by James Hetley

I've reached mile 26 but still have a few more books to blog! I hope it is okay if I keep posting after this :)

I was at our local King County Library when I saw this book. At first I just though it was some teeny-bopper novel with some type of fantasy edge to it. After reading a few reviews online, I discovered that this writer was being compared to people like George R. R. Martin. I decided immediately that I had to get this book. If this guy were anything like Martin, it was worth reading.

Well this book wasn't as high a calibre book as that of George R. R. Martin but was good nonetheless. I like the flow of the novel and didn't find myself getting bored or confused by the introduction of many many characters. The themes in this book were not as adult as those found in Martin's writing either. Something I enjoyed was the strength and development of the characters. I also liked the fact that the women in this book were strong and not wimpy in any way.

Basic plot is that there is a magical family secret, a person in danger, and a rescue.

Recommended for fantasy lovers. Age level is probably somewhere in the teens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home