Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Kayan : Book 6/26 : Daring to live on the edge by Loren Cunningham

About a month ago, God started nudging me to learn to be more generous. Having been stingy all my life, I started small: a dinner treat here, a dinner treat there. (Note: dinner generosity always gets returned. Try it! On me if you're not sure where to start.) One day I paid for a friend's coffee, which led to a nice sunny discussion on our history with generosity. Friend has been generous all his life; but with a new house, he's had to hold back. You know, growing up stuff.

Then one day, without knowing anything about my little challenge, my friend V gave me this book on daring to live on the edge financially: to place trust in God to provide for all of our needs if we choose to depend on Him financially. It all sounds idealistic, but I wholeheartedly believe that trusting God with money is a sure-fire way to grow in faith.

On Easter Sunday, I heard someone say "without suffering, there is no resurrection." You can translate that to "no pain, no gain". I feel right now is my time of testing in the area of money. But the gain, instead of monetary, will be confidence, dependence, and love for God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Nice!! yes treating peeps to dinner makes me feel good as well. The Treasure Principle that I reviewed below also covers this topic. I think there's more of a need for that in one of the richest countries in the world!

4/20/2006 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home