Monday, June 12, 2006

Bridget: 23/26: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

So I decided to go on a kick where I read books that fell into a specific category: recommended books that will change my life if I follow the self-help principles within. I was at half-price books and picked up two books. This was the first. I decided that if this book had some good pearls, I would pass it along to others.

This book was a pretty quick read. It was full of anecdotes and fun stories about historical figures who had personality traits and behavioral skills that Carnegie felt would improve anyone's ability to make friends and influence people.

Carnegie fills the chapters with ways to make people like you, winning people to your way of thinking, and changing people without making them resent you. Although the principles like "remember people's names" and "talk about things that are important to the other person" seem like common sense, sometimes we don't have that much sense when we are dealing with other people.

Recommended. You could probably just flip to the end of each section and pick out the principles that you don't practice and read up on those ones.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

yes this book is a good value bridget!

DaNG IT. i would have been first to 26, but i couldn't hit this site from my PDA (logging in from cousin's now :) )

6/16/2006 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home