Monday, June 12, 2006

Bridget: 24/26: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey

This was the second of the two books that I mentioned before that fell into the life changing books if I followed the principles within.

I was pretty drawn in to the ideas that were found within this book. This wasn't as quick a read as the first book but it definitely caught my attention. I had to do a lot more thinking and retrospection to understand myself within the paradigm described within.

This book teaches you how to look at yourself and change from the "inside out". I started to think about my mission in life and what I wanted to be known for when I die. It also made me think about the choices I made and how my personal goals affected these things. Another thing it made me think about was how I was spending my time and the type of activities I was participating in.

Recommended. Good book to read if you want a structured model to assist you in determining if you are spending your time doing the things that are important to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I started this book multiple times but after three chapters or so, it says "now take a week and put what you've learned into practice before moving on." which I never did. therefore never finished the book :(

6/16/2006 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home