Saturday, March 15, 2008

swingbeat 4/26: Spin by Robert Charles Wilson


OK, I definitely like THIS book. He's now on my "to-read" authors list... At least until George R. R. Martin publishes his next book.

First off, a warning - do not read the inside flaps of the hardcover! I did, and found that I ended up missing out on the mysteries of the book.. There are many new developments introduced throughout the book, and the summary on the flaps cover half the book!

This book has a pretty new premise, and the story telling really draws you in - I read this book in two days and couldn't put it down! I'm not going to reveal what it is. I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore sci-fi reader, but I thought it was atypical... and as you learn more, more new speculative ideas get introduced.

BTW if you liked this book, I recommend reading "Singularity Sky" by Charles Stross. Also has a pretty unique premise.
I also discovered there is a sequel - "Axis". Already on my list.

3 Comments:

Blogger ewee said...

Excellent! Thanks for the suggested reads, I was looking for more in a similar vein...

3/15/2008 3:21 PM  
Blogger ewee said...

Ok, got Singularity Sky...will report back. (Saving your other recommendation. I've got a backlog of books :-)).

3/17/2008 2:42 PM  
Blogger shiny_i said...

thanks for the warning about the hardcover edition! i'm looking forward to reading Axis now...

4/13/2008 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home