Monday, October 23, 2006

swingbeat 1/26: Baudolino by Umberto Eco

(wow, my first book for this year's challenge)

I read this book with anticipation, after The Island of the Day Before. I was expecting a whole bunch of magic and fantasy and intellectualism that only Umberto Eco could deliver. I was sadly disappointed. Maybe my expectations weren't in line.

The book is about Baudolino, a man who went in search of Prestyr John, a mythical(?) priest-king in Asia. Like The Island of the Day Before, Eco uses Baudolino's life to tell some stories, but unfortunately these stories aren't as interesting. In the end, I found myself just waiting for the book to end.

Not Recommended.

1 Comments:

Blogger ewee said...

oh no!...but good to know...sigh. makes me feel better about taking forever on my umberto eco book... thanks for the review!

10/23/2006 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home