Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rich (10/26): Life of Pi by Yann Martel

A boy, a tiger, a rowboat. That's all you need to know about this book. That's all I knew before I read this book, and that's all I'm going to tell you about this book. In fact, you could have gleaned this much from the front cover and more from the back cover. But, rather than tell you the story, I'll leave you to imagine the circumstances of this unlikely trio.

It took me about two weeks to read. The first week was two or three chapters at a time -- each chapter lasting two or three pages. These nibbles were not convincing, yet two weeks later, I was done. The nibbles became mouthfuls, culminating in an animalistic feasting by the end. Yet, with fresh blood on my lips, I scour the for more. For more. Always more.

2 Comments:

Blogger yong said...

I liked this book. But I was surprised that it received the Booker Prize, because...compared to a couple of the other Booker books I've read, this seems so...straightforward a story, simple, a casual writing rather than an intense masterwork. It was a pretty good story, though.

4/12/2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Didn't quite catch the whole religion thing in the beginning though.

4/13/2006 2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home