Saturday, February 25, 2006

swingbeat: 19/26: Outside and Inside Dinosaurs by Sandra Markle


In the past couple of years, my father gotten himself interested in dinosaurs and their fossils. As a result, on my recent trip back home, he gave me this children's book on dinosaurs :).

I thought it would be a simplistic view on dinosaurs - "this is a T.Rex, this is a triceratops". There was some of that, but it actually talks about how we know certain things about dinosaurs. For example, we could tell that certain dinosaurs were warm-blooded because their bones had vessels running through them for blood. I didn't know that and I bet most people don't either.

So this books is geared at the sharp-thinking elementary school student. It was an interesting enough read for me. I recommend it.

Apparently so does my father. He asked me to place an order for a couple of copies so he can give to other people (I have my own copy now :) ).

Recommended, especially for those with inquisitive minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home