Friday, June 16, 2006

swingbeat 26/26: Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin



Yet another book by Martin, and he doesn't disappoint! There's no way I can tell you guys the setting without making it sound lame so I'll just go ahead and tell you - there's the Mississippi, antebellum New Orleans, steamboats, and vampires. :)

Now I'm normally a fan of vampire stories, and that's why it took me so long to get to this book. But I'm glad I did. There is the unlikely friendship between a vampire and a steamboat captain, and how their partnership affects the state of vampire-human interaction; all in the 1850's.

What a setting, and what a story. Martin's writing does not disappoint; I hope he continues writing books like this in the future. Highly recommended.

1 Comments:

Blogger yong said...

Well, Martin or no, congrats, Jay, on crossing the finish line, and only just barely behind Bridget. Y'all up there are hardcore bookivores, and we 'Friscans...are on some kind of low-cal book diet.

6/17/2006 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home