Friday, December 16, 2005

Bridget: 17/26: A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin

Stats: 685pp. Fourth book in the Ice and Fire book series.

Review: I wasn't sure how much I would like this book because I had learned early on that Martin had decided to break the book into two books because he had so much to say. I think that originally Martin had released that he would only write a 5-book series (unlike people like Robert Jordan who just keep writing book to extend his very long series).

It was nice to focus on half a dozen characters in the context of one book. In the other books, you read about 12 at a time. It was easier to follow the story line and satisfied the need for "immediate gratification" with regard to furthering the plot lines.

I can't wait until the next book is published. His characters and his writing are so consistent. This book was filled with the characters I love to hate but can't help liking them at times. The characters are smart, witty, and really complex allowing for nicely timed plot twists. Like the other books, the cliffhangers made me anxious for more. I was sucked in once again.

Highly recommended!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home