Friday, December 16, 2005

Bridget: 16/26: Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner

Stats: 384pp. Trashy romance novel.

Review: I had hoped it would be great because of all the hubbub about "In Her Shoes". It was like a train wreck happening to my senses but I had to finish it because I wanted justice served. It never was. I don't even know where to begin. In short, it is the story of a woman who marries the wrong man, lives a life that she never wanted, and has kids she doesn't seem to want either. I thought it would be more like the show Desperate Housewives but the writing is not that clever. If you don't like Desperate Housewives, you would definitely hate this book.

I would recommend this book to the person who likes trashy novels with an unbelievably optimistic plot for the protagonist of the story. She does so many ridiculous things behind her husband's back (in his close proximity) and he never finds out! I couldn't take it! Somehow he even thinks that the problems in their marriage are his fault. I kept imagining and unhappy housewife relishing the events of this book (wishing that it were her life) because of some of the themes in this book (ex-boyfriend who breaks her heart begging her back later even though she is 20 pounds heavier and has 3 kids kind of scenarios).

Not recommended.

1 Comments:

Blogger yong said...

Heh, sounds simply awful, Miss Bridget. Thanks for the chuckle! And merry Christmas, everyone. :)

12/19/2005 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home