Wednesday, August 29, 2007

ewee (27/26): Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

ewee (27/26): Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card Eh, it's ok. A classic, I suppose, and has its merits. Mainly tho, it was a great absorbing read as I sat home with a fever and a lingering sense of fatigue, achy-ness, and annoyance. (I'm a baby when sick, and I was thwarted by inconsistent wireless access all day.) Portions of it are imaginative, and I can see why there's so much acclaim for it. I'd go so far to say that there are even truly original ideas in this book. But yeah I'm mostly just glad to have had a book to distract me from being bored and sullen.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger yong said...

I remember enjoying this in college as an original, hard-core sci fi read, but I found much more emotion and heart in the parallel Ender's Shadow series, which follows Bean rather than Ender. I'm sure it also had something to do with my relating more with the supernerd/superrunt main character.

9/01/2007 9:23 AM  
Blogger ewee said...

Thanks for the tip! I've requested that series from the library. And I'm having an interesting experience with Xenocide, but I'll leave that story till I've finished the book.

9/04/2007 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home