Monday, August 20, 2007

ewee (26!/26): Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

ewee (26/26): Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling It's over. I admit, I'm a little distraught. 7 books in 10 years (has it really been that long?), where will I find sucha steady source of reading material to immerse myself? And I'm done! 26 books!...and still reading! (Sure, it's not 52, but thanks, miz k for the push to read!)

This was quite possibly the best out of the series. Rowling's writing style has become more polished, her characters more nuanced, and plot was tightly woven together. It seems obvious that the ending was planned out with great detail, and the story grew out from there. All along, there have been elements that were heavy-handed or, at the very least, unsubtle. And it's still fluff. But what wonderful fluff, and how I'll miss it...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger yong said...

you go!

8/22/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger ewee said...

thanks!

8/22/2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

hey, congratulations! You made it look so easy.

I enjoyed reading your write-ups. Looking forward to even more!

8/29/2007 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home