Thursday, January 26, 2006

swingbeat: 17/26: A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin

Wow, finished this book, the fourth one in the Song of Ice and Fire series. Like Bridget, I've been following this series (best sci-fi/fantasy series ever).

However, this last book wasn't as good as I was hoped. The series has become too complicated to worry about the minutiae of minor characters. There are characters that I've forgotten ever reading about, and they're mentioned without so much as a gratuitous flashback.

The pre-published version of this book was too big, so Martin divided it up into two separate novels; the next one will be published later this year. The next book "A Dance of Dragons" will deal with a whole set of characters separate from those in this book, and the storyline will take place at hthe same time. So when I finished the book, I felt that there wasn't anything to look forward to. It was like, "Well, I just finished half the story, and now the next book won't even continue from where it left off. TFortunately he didn't leae that big of a cliffhanger to frustrate me, but it's still annoying.

I'm beginning to feel that he's just putting in words without really advancing the story that much - kinda annoying.

Anyway, that's my view on this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home