Monday, September 12, 2005

Bridget: 9/26: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0553106635/103-4631202-6313408?v=glance

Summary: 924pp. Continuation of the same story found in earlier posts. I have to admit, I was starting to wonder if this author (though the writing is still excellent) liked to drag stories on (like the Robert Jordans and Jenkins/LaHayes of the world.

This book took me a bit longer to read because there is one character whose story doesn't interest me too much (although found in all the books so far) and I was beginning to wonder if I could get some closure to some of the plot hairs sprinkled throughout these enormous book.

All I can say is this: Don't get too heavily attached to any of the characters no matter how important you think he or she is. And the 2nd half of this book visibly progresses the story line. Jay will agree with me on this one, the events found at the end of the novel really stand out in your mind and make you wish the 4th book were out already!

Great read. Although the first half felt slow the second half made the book worth it!

Still Highly Recommended.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kayan said...

Jay, as Bridget's roommate, you must help the rest of us and stop her! Hide her books, whatever it takes!

hahahaha...

Good job, Bridget.

9/12/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger yong said...

Heh. You go, girl. And 924 pages, too. You know, that's gonna make my Les Mis a whole lot less impressive when it's only 1.6x bigger than a "normal" book rather than 5x...

9/12/2005 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home